Commercial energy assessor
Commercial energy assessors test how energy-efficient commercial buildings are and produce Non-Domestic Energy Performance Certificates.
Salary Range: £16,000 to £35,000
How to become a commercial energy assessor
You can get into this job through:
- specialist courses run by private training organisations
You’ll need to get the Level 3 Certificate in Non-Domestic Energy Assessment.
You’ll study towards this qualification if you have no experience of working in a relevant setting and are new to energy assessing. If you have experience in a related field like property surveying or construction you may be able to a shortened training course.
Landmark operate the non-domestic energy assessor register on behalf of the government.
What it takes
Skills and knowledge
- knowledge of engineering science and technology
- maths knowledge
- analytical thinking skills
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- the ability to read English
- excellent verbal communication skills
- knowledge of building and construction
- the ability to use your initiative
- to be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
What you’ll do
You’ll carry out detailed inspections of properties, including:
- collecting information on their age, number of floors and building type
- measuring the number and size of rooms and windows
- identifying heating systems
- entering the information into software to produce an energy efficiency rating and EPC
You could work at a client’s home or at a client’s business.
Career path and progression
With further training you could carry out low carbon assessments, or move into sustainability consultancy.
You could also move into assessor training, teaching the Certificate and Diploma.
©opyright The CV Writer
The career profiles database is designed to compliment the sreries of five Career Advice Guides. Providing information covering the qualifications, skills, expertise and an overview of the responsibilites required for each job role that you can use to build your CV, application letters, application forms and that all important job interview.
For a more detailed description of what’s included in the pack click here
By placing your order with The CV Writer you agree to our Terms and Conditions in full.